Content provided by Certifix
San Diego Live Scan Fingerprinting located at Office Tax Services, certified and approved by the DOJ and FBI and just minutes away from your home or work!
Live Scan and fingerprinting services have never been so easy in the city of San Diego. Office Tax Services can be found on the second floor, please keep in mind that there are no elevators available.
Important: A face mask is required for services to be provided.
- FBI Background Check
- DOJ Background Check
- Call first to verify
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Live Scan?
- Live Scan is the electronic fingerprinting process that replaces traditional ink fingerprinting. An individual’s fingerprints are scanned and securely transmitted to the government, which performs a criminal history background check using an Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS). Live Scan is often required by statute for certain types of state-issued licenses, employment, and volunteer work.
Live Scan the same as a background check?
- Live Scan is a form of background check required by the state and federal governments; typically for state-issued licenses, employment, or volunteer work. It is also often required for (but not limited to) people who work or volunteer in positions of trust for populations such as vulnerable citizenry, the elderly, dependent adults and children. The government will check submitted fingerprints against its database to retrieve an individual’s criminal record.
Why do I need a Live Scan?
- Live Scan is often required for people who work or volunteer in positions of trust for populations such as vulnerable citizenry, the elderly, dependent adults and children.
Who needs Live Scan anyway?
- All types of individuals are required by the state and federal governments to get Live Scan, including (but not limited to): realtors, licensed DMV professionals, notaries, foster parents, teachers, appraisers, caregivers, stockbrokers, contractors, nurses, doctors, surgeons, security guards, volunteers, and lawyers.
How does the process work?
- A trained and certified Live Scan specialist will capture fingerprints using a Live Scan system. The fingerprints are then sent securely via electronic transmission to the appropriate FBI or DOJ-certified channeling agencies for background check processing. A live scan typically takes 10 to 15 minutes, and the person taking the fingerprints will collect all appropriate fees at the time of service.
What is a requesting agency?
- A requesting agency is the organization that asks a Live Scan applicant to get Live Scan. This may be an employer, law enforcement agency, school, non-profit organization, home-care agency, etc. Requesting agencies are also sometimes referred to as applicant agencies.
For more questions, please visit Certifix website.